Thursday 31 October 2019

Unusual Circumstances



Our police forces have to deal with some unusual cases and even more unusual circumstances as highlighted by this strange series of events.

My unusual circumstances began with annual diabetic eye test, I have been having them for years without and unusual circumstances.

My screening was being held in my local village surgery just half a mile up the road from my home and my son kindly dropped me off, and there were no unusual circumstances so far.

However, I told him not to wait and I’ll be glad to walk home after my test, and there was nothing unusual about that either.

My eye test required me to have drops placed into my eye to dilate my pupils so the back of my eyes could be photographed to see if there was any diabetic damage.

No pain, just a bit of discomfort mainly from a period of tunnel vision where I could only see directly straight ahead without any peripheral vision at all, but this inconvenience only lasted for a few hours at most.

Now you understand why my son drove me there rather than me driving myself, and still to this point there were no unusual circumstances.

However, after my appointment was complete and I started to walk home I needed to cross the road. Still no unusual circumstances, I looked up and down the road and could see was safe to cross, and so I did.

As I arrived at the other side of the road I tripped over the pavement. I presume my lack of peripheral vision and cause me to catch my heel on the curb stone, still no unusual circumstances.

As quick as a flash, and to save myself landing on my nose I spun round and landed heavily on my rump and only slightly bruised my pride and dignity.

As it happens, coming down the road and witnessing my unfortunate tumble and unusual circumstances was a police patrol car, now they probably thought that I was inebriated.

Nonetheless, they jumped out of the car to help and help me to my feet. This is where the unusual circumstances started, the policeman immediately seized my arm and started to remove his handcuffs and asked me if I was carrying any drugs!

Only after I had explained the circumstances and they had verified my story with the surgery did they give me a lift home and saw me right into the house, how kind.

I haven’t stopped laughing, a 63 I was suspected of being a drug addict or crack cocaine dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment